Crossmen Productions, Inc. SUMMER INTERNSHIP PROGRAM
Crossmen Productions Inc., is currently seeking highly motivated and passionate individuals to join their 2018 Internship team. If you are a self-starter and enjoy working in a fast-paced environment, then this internship is for you!
Interns who work with the Crossmen gain valuable and practical hands-on experience. This is an excellent opportunity for anyone interested in music education!
Crossmen Productions, Inc. is a 501(c)(3) not-for-profit youth arts organization. Our mission is to assist young people in becoming outstanding individuals through the performing arts.
At the end of the summer, interns have a global understanding of what it takes to run a World Class Drum Corps. In order for our interns to gain a wide range of experience and knowledge, work is required in many areas beyond their specialty.
Available positions include:
- Communications & Media Intern - This intern works closely with the administration and will be responsible for completing small projects for our social media outlets and website. If you have any questions about this position, please e-mail Rico Gomez at Rico@Crossmen.org
- Food Services Intern - Food service interns work closely with our Nutrition Consultant and Food Manager to learn about nutrition, menu planning, procurement, inventory, quantity food service production, and workforce management. Interns will gain hands-on experience in quantity food production and food service. Interns have the unique opportunity to assist in the management of a food truck that serves 200+ people four meals a day while traveling the country. Housing and meals are provided for interns during their time with Crossmen.
- Corps Logistics & Planning Interns - This team of people works closely with the administrative team and plays an integral role in getting the corps down the road.
- Athletic Training Intern - This intern works closely with the certified Athletic Trainer on the Crossmen staff to help prevent, diagnose, and treat the injuries of our performers.
- Merchandise Sales Interns- These interns work with our Merchandise Manager and help sell, track inventory, and promote Crossmen merchandise at performances and events.
All positions work closely with the Director, Assistant Director, and Tour Director while on tour.
- Prop Crew Interns - This team of people will be responsible for unloading and loading the corps' prop truck, and assembling props when needed for rehearsal and performance. They will work closely with the administrative team and assist in scouting show locations before the corps arrives. A love of drum corps is a must and members of this team should be able to lift heavy objects up to 50 lbs.
The Crossmen Summer Internship program is a full-time internship. This year we will have three intern segments:
Spring Training from May 18th - June 15th
Summer Tour Segment 1 from June 15th - July 13th
Summer Tour Segment 2 from July 13th - August 12th
Internships are currently available for the Crossmen Drum Corps, which is a national touring ensemble. We are based out of San Antonio, TX, but if you are selected for a position, travel is required with the drum corps, depending on internship segment.
Depending on your academic institution you may be eligible to receive college credit. All interns receive four meals a day, and while on tour free travel on our coaches, and admission to DCI and Crossmen-related events.
HOW TO APPLY
Fill out an online Internship application and e-mail the following supplemental materials to Joel Moody at email@example.com:
- Cover letter stating career goals
- Writing Sample (something that demonstrates writing ability - not to exceed 3 pages in length)
Applications are due by February 12th. Intern applicants may require a phone interview as part of the selection process. You will be notified via email to set up an interview.