HOW THE AUDITION PROCESS WORKSDuring the eXperience camps, there are more people auditioning than spots available in the corps. Some first time attendees may find the experience overwhelming initially. To keep your mind at ease, we want to keep you informed of the audition process so you can fully enjoy the educational experience being offered and concentrate on your audition.
- Please make sure to review all information provided on our INFO and FAQ pages.
- Once you are ready, go ahead and visit our REGISTRATION page to register for a camp.
- To attend an e X perience camp you are required to pay two fees: a one time $100.00 registration fee and a $100.00 camp fee. Once you have paid your registration fee, you will receive all necessary audition materials and an eXperience camp packet. Please note that the camp fee will increase to $110.00 after November 1st, so make sure to visit our PAYMENT CENTER to make a payment! All payments are non-refundable.
ENJOY THE CROSSMEN EXPERIENCE!
- Attend the camp and enjoy your time! Come prepared with material that was sent to you, have a positive attitude, meet new people, and take in as much information as you can during the weekend.
- At Crossmen we do not utilize a traditional "cut" system when auditioning members.We believe each participant should fully enjoy the audition process. At the end of the eXperience weekend, you will meet with an instructor and be given a number rating of 1, 2, or 3.
Remember, this is all about the experience! Have fun and perform!
- You are ready to become a member of the Crossmen, start planning your summer
- You have great potential, we would like to see you work on certain aspects of your performance for the next camp!
- You are not quite ready yet to be a member of the Crossmen. You will receive instruction and advice on which areas to improve on, as well as recommendations on how and where to better your overall performance. We would like to see you at our next camp with the necessary adjustments made.
WINTER & SPRING CAMPS
- Our Winter & Spring camps are where we set the corps and rehearse/prepare the production for the season. These rehearsal camps are held once a month from December - May.
- Your attendance at these camps is very important! A lot of information will be reviewed during these weekends. If you have a school or performance conflict please let us know well in advance. Please make sure you come prepared and ready to learn!
- One time Registration Fee - $100.00. After payment is received you will be sent all audition material.
- Camp Fee - $100.00. This fee is paid for each camp you attend. eXperience camp fees are raised to $110.00 after November 1st. Camp fees from January to May will be included in the tuition fee of contracted members. After the December camp non-contracted members will pay a $100.00 fee for each camp, if contracted, the fees will be credited toward tuition fees.
BECOMING A CROSSMEN MEMBER
- If you receive a contract (CONGRATS!), please sign and return all forms immediately! From the day you receive your contract, you have 10 days to provide the non-refundable tuition deposit AND the completed contract.
- Make sure to pay your dues and tuition in a timely and organized manner. Detailed information in regards to tuition will be provided to all those that are provided a contract. For more information, please contact Natalie Steele.
- Each contracted member is expected to attend every monthly rehearsal camp prior to the start of Spring Training. There are always extenuating circumstances. All conflicting dates must be reported to the Administration and your Caption Head.
- Report to Spring Training at the end of May and be ready to experience an eXtraordinary summer of traveling, meeting new people, and performing!
FEES & TUITIONCrossmen and all other drum corps rely on a number of sources to get down the road and operate efficiently. Donations, fundraisers, and members fees are just a few ways the corps raises money for its operations.
FUN FACT: Combined, all member fees and tuition only covers about 35% of the actual expenses during a summer tour, so it is important that all fees are paid on time!
Tuition is currently set at $4,000 for the 2020 season.
- To further offset the tour finances, we require each member fund raise six (6) $50 raffle tickets. We sell a limited amount of raffle tickets and the prizes are world class. Each member can either raise the money OR pay the total amount of $300 when paying off tuition fees.
- There is a $200.00 "Early Bird" Discount if the total amount is paid by March 1, 2019
- All Crossmen veteran members receive a $100.00 discount for each year they have marched with the corps.
- NEW: Crossmen Veteran Member Referral Program. Please contact Natalie Steele for more information.
- All payments are non-refundable once a contract has been offered. Partial fee refunds are available to members needing to terminate their contract due to injury.
- Payments can be made via cash, check, and credit card at a camp or online.
- Scholarships and Member Assistance Programs are available to help offset tuition costs. More information and details is provided during camps. If there are any questions, please contact Natalie Steele.